Historian, Acropolis Museum
MSc in Cultural Organizations Management at the H.O.U.
B.A. in History, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Faculty of History and Archeology
Employment history at museums:
Acropolis Museum, Archeologist-Host (Team Coordinator)
• Participation in research, implementation and presentation of various permanent and anniversary thematic exhibitions to the public in Greek and English. Indicative selection of exhibitions: “Asclepeion: a sacred healing center”, “The Parthenon”, “Archaic Colors”, “Masterpieces at the Acropolis Museum”, “Art Lab” “Shiny stories of fire”, “The metope of the Evangelism”, “Moon” etc.
• Presentation of alternating exhibitions of the Museum’s program: “Famous personalities of the Acropolis”, “The sanctuary and society”, “The temple of Athena Nike: a jewel at the entrance to the Acropolis”, “The faces of the Acropolis Museum”, “From birth to adulthood”, “Politics and the sanctuary” etc.
• Participation in research, implementation and presentation of educational programs for primary and secondary school students. Indicative selection of presentations: “The exhibits through your own eyes”, “In the heart of the Museum”, “In dialogue with the artifacts”, “From a child… to a citizen” etc.
• Presentations to vulnerable social groups (disabled people, immigrants, former addicts) and to groups of official visitors.
• Participation in research, implementation and presentation of programs aimed at children and parents. The presentations are carried out on a permanent basis or on anniversary dates. Indicative selection of presentations: “Pomegranate, Pomegranate, are you here?”, “Sweet offerings to Gods and people”, “The little roosters arrived… at the Museum!”, “Gifts for Gods and people” etc.
Museum director at the Asia Minor Culture Museum in Aigaleo.
• Research, planning and display of the Museum’s objects.
• Participation in research, implementation and presentation of educational programs aimed at students at all levels of schooling and at visitors of all ages. Indicative selection of presentations: “Click! Oops! The negative of the film burnt”, “We knead bread with herbs from Asia Minor”, “Childhood memories in an Asia Minor neighborhood”, “The history of the people of Asia Minor through their objects”.
Secondary education teacher at cram schools. Teaching subjects: Composition, History, Modern Greek language.
Co-owner of two secondary education cram schools.
Involvement in local government
Alderman of the municipal council of Aigaleo, authorized representative for Culture. In 2013 I was appointed as Vice- Mayor of Education-Culture and Athletics and as Chairman of the Board for the integration of refugees.
• Planning, research and implementation, with the assistance of a big group of volunteers, of the educational program “I get to know my city” for students of upper primary education, under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs.
• Planning and implementation of the program “On the trails of the Sacred Way” for bikers, following the ancient route of the Sacred Way, under the auspices of the Region of Attica.
• Planning and implementation of the program for the Festival “Cultural itinerary” for three years, at the theater A. Minotis with no costs after securing sponsorship.
• Greek: Native speaker
• English: Very Good Command (C 2)
• French: Excellent Command (C1)
• German: Good Command (B1)
Further Education – Seminars
• Further training and seminars provided by various agencies of education dealing with learning disabilities, psychopedagogy and new teaching methods.
• Further training at the Acropolis Museum in subjects which regard the following: Rules of etiquette (dealing with groups of official visitors), Storytelling, Reception and handling of people with disabilities, Conservation of works of art, Museum pedagogic.
• Seminar at the Acropolis Museum with the theme “The practice of negotiation (2014).
Lectures (as a speaker)
• The problematic integration of immigrants in Greece and Europe, Panteion University, 2013
• The necessity of regaining the Parthenon Marbles, Municipality of Aigaleo, 2013
• Female education in A. Minor, National Historical Museum, Athens, 2014, and at a convention in Smyrna, 2016.
Participation in publications
• Editing of the children’s book “The fairytale of Symela”, Asia Minor Culture Museum Aigaleo Publications, 2012
• Authorship and scientific editing of the historybook album under the title “Traces of Asia Minor people… From Asia Minor to Aigaleo”, Asia Minor Culture Museum Aigaleo Publications, 2016
Theme: Educational programs of the Acropolis Museum.